The #BeachBoundMQS was so much fun to make, I felt like it had quite a bit more room for creativity. My partner Lucy@pearhugstudios asked for a Jellyfish! So I set out making the best jellyfish I could. The background may be familiar as I wrote the sewing curves and waves tutorial earlier. Here is the final product:
I spent a lot of time tweaking this Jelly Fish. In the end I decided it was art, and that though it may not immediately yell, “Jellyfish!” that this is how I wanted it to be. Here is the picture that I used as reference:
I made this little zipper pouch following this Pleated Zipper Pouch tutorial on MollySews.com as an extra made with my hoarded Japanese koi fabric. I made one of these for me too.
And here is the complete package, with all the extras:
So between the Fabri-Quilt New Block Blog Hop which happened last Tuesday, and the two swaps I just wrapped up, I feel a weight has lifted!
Now I need to refocus on my next challenges, which will be figuring out what to make for the #sewmystash2015miniquiltswap, the Michael Miller Glitz Challenge and the EZ quilting triangle challenge for quiltcon. This is a new phase of quilting for me, I had someone describe it as producing ‘products’ rather then just quilting on a whim.