I have found myself in a crunch again. I returned last week from vacation and work, having been gone for three weeks. It took me a week to get the kids started in school, and to get my feet back on the ground. I am excited to be home but realize that I have to get to work, as I have signed up for many things, too many things. Please bear with me as I list them, and create a plan for how and when I will get it done.
- #BeachBoundMQS, shipping begins Aug 31, (yikes, one week) I am only 50% complete. I wrote a tutorial for cutting the waves I am using for the background of this mini quilt. I am in the process of adding a sea creature to this.
- #TextMeMiniQuiltSwap, shipping begins Aug 31 (also one week!), I am 80% complete. This needs to be quilted, as just this week I finally choose a pattern and fabric that I thought my secret swap partner would like the best.
- Fabri-Quilt New Block Blog Hop, I am posting an unique AvocadoQuilts Block Design on the blog on Sept 1! Organized by our hosts from the New Quilters Bloggers Blog Hop, and fabric was donated by FabriQuilt in this Watermelon color scheme:
- September is my month for the Boulder MQG Bee, Whew! Which means I need to get organized and enjoy the help of my fellow quilters.
- SewMyStashMiniQuiltSwap, hosted by ProjectLeasa, due October 12th. I have not even given this a thought yet! Maybe I’ll use my test block for the Fabri-Quilt Block challenge, killing two birds with one stone!
- Michael Miller Glitz Challenge – Due Nov 30th. I have to come up with a unique design with fat eighths of Michael Miller’s soon to be released Glitz fabric line.
- EZ Quilting QuiltCon2016 Triangle Quilt Challenge – Due Nov 30th, same concept.
I think with all of these projects looming, I need to designate time each week to complete them. Of course, the months of August and September tend to be a very very busy time, as I am coordinating our annual Cherrity Pie Festival benefiting the Anchor Center for Blind Children. This year I am not making a quilt for the silent auction though. Anyways, it seems like I’ve outdone myself in the signing up category. Now I have to get sewing!